[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] ROS Lunar clearly not compatable with Ubuntu 16.04

jbreija ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:54:53 UTC 2017

I'm extremely upset that ROS has rendered Ubuntu 16.04 completely unbootable after installing ROS libraries. I've lost all my work... did you guys even test this? All you have to do is download fresh 16.04 and install lunar desktop and it clearly breaks the OS upon reboot. Ubuntu throws a ton of errors while booting and is non-recoverable. It's reproducible in 5 minutes. This is the 4th time in 2 months ROS has destroyed my desktop just by installing the ROS environment. Please test your software before you waste people's time.![ROS Lunar not compatible with Ubuntu|690x225](upload://k3DjDycjE1rOTcU5gCy94vBkIru.png)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-lunar-clearly-not-compatable-with-ubuntu-16-04/2550/1) or reply to this email to respond.