[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] IPC in ros2

Jaime Martin Losa ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:09:50 UTC 2017

Hi sagniknitr,

Fast RTPS will support shared memory in future releases, is in our roadmap. Regarding microcontrollers we are developing a lightweight version of Fast RTPS based on an OMG future standard for constrained resources devices. Of course it is not a full DDS/RTPS implementation, but a reduced API and different protocol.

You can see the first prototypes in the Dronecode.org use case, and we are working in an release now. This will let you to use ROS2 in micro-controlllers.

If you want more details, please contact me.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ipc-in-ros2/2619/4) or reply to this email to respond.