[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] OSS DDS implementation for embedded systems?

gavanderhoorn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 20:34:59 UTC 2017

Presentations at ROSCon about DDS on embedded systems got me curious and now I'm looking for an OSS implementation of DDS that targets such systems. Preferably ANSI C (target has a very limited C++ runtime) and with small to medium resource usage (memory, cpu). My target does have a unix-like OS, so bare-metal support is not needed.

There are some OSS DDS available, but especially when filtering for ANSI C I'm not left with (m)any options.

I'm aware of the work of @vmayoral (nuttx, freedds) and @codebot (freertps), but I have the impression that all of that has been discontinued / abandoned.

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives? Or are there no OSS implementations in C for DDS?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/oss-dds-implementation-for-embedded-systems/2748/1) or reply to this email to respond.