[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] IMU Calibration on Ground Robot

Charlie Andersen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 19:14:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am working on a ground based robot, and now we are working to install an IMU.

At the moment we are using this IMU: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2472.  We are trying to figure out calibration with it however - how do people typically install and allow for calibration of an IMU on a ground based robot?  Do they typically install it on a lead such that it can be moved in patterns to calibrate it fully?  Or are there calibration free IMUs that can be installed and simply work when turned on seamlessly?

If there are calibration free IMUs, what ones do people recommend?

Thanks!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/imu-calibration-on-ground-robot/2792/1) or reply to this email to respond.