[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] ROS Quality Assurance Working Group meeting minutes April 2018 Meeting

Adam Alami ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 07:55:32 UTC 2018

ROS Quality Assurance Working Group meeting minutes April 2018 Meeting
Time: 3 p.m. UTC

**Notes:**

**_Agenda:_**
We still working on the first initiative, Making ROS Packages quality visible. We identified a [list of Quality Metrics](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ujwc2rjmywWpiamCGNRAdD3USNurXLqunIvgSrSbwvM/edit#gid=0) to use (display for each package). We defined most of these metrics in a google doc. Currently, the list contains over 20 metrics. We need to prioritize which metrics to implement first. During this meeting, will went through these metrics and assign an implementation priority (i.e. High, Medium and Low).

**_Outcome:_**
During the meeting participants voted a priority for each metric. Please refer to the [Quality Metrics](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ujwc2rjmywWpiamCGNRAdD3USNurXLqunIvgSrSbwvM/edit#gid=0) for the vote results. The list of metrics and the voted priority listed below:

1. CI Badge
   1. Build	High
   1. Unit Tests	High
   1. Unit Test Coverage [%]	High

1. Static Analysis
   1. Code style violations	Medium
   1. Logic errors and warnings	Medium
   1. Cyclomatic complexity	Low
   1. McCabe complexity	Low
   1. Afferent coupling	Medium
   1. Efferent coupling	Medium

1. Dynamic Analysis
    1. Clang AddressSanitizer and LeakSanitizer	High

1. Testing
    1. Fuzzy testing by chaos node	Low/Medium

1. Documentation
   1. Comment to code ratio	Low
   1. Documentation coverage	Medium
   1. Package/Library Status (lifecycle)	High
   1. Existence of a roadmap	Medium
   1. Existence of readme	Low/Medium
   1. Wiki page quality/completeness	Medium
   1. Tutorial availability	Medium

1. Open issues report
   1. Number of closed issues	Low
   1. Time to close issue	Low/Medium
   1. Activity on issues	Medium
   1. Other status (eg: wont-fix, etc.)	Low
   1. Number of open issues	Low

1. User Rating		Medium/High

1. Other
   1. Maintainability Index	Low/Medium
   1. Depth of Inheritance	Low
   1. Class Coupling	High/Medium
   1. Lines of Code	Low
   1. Cyclic includes	Medium/Low

We will be moving to implement this initiative and we seeking help. We calling for volunteers to assist in the implementation of this initiative, Making ROS packages quality visible. Please, get in touch if you like to help?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-quality-assurance-working-group-meeting-minutes-april-2018-meeting/4473/1) or reply to this email to respond.