[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 IDS ("Intrusion" Detection System)

Vedanth Narayanan ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:19:03 UTC 2018

Hi Ritwik,

Was there any more progress made on this?

I've done a research project of my own building a learning-based anomaly detector for industrial ROS applications. We have called it the ROS ADM (Anomaly Detector Module). Feel free to give it a try. I've created the package, but am still in the process of filling in the README. Here is the [repo](https://github.com/narayave/ros_anomaly_detector).

Just a couple thoughts on it. While it was built for industrial applications, I think it can be extrapolated to other ROS applications. This should be the focus moving forward. There are some limitations to the ADM, and I'll address them in the README.
It was built for ROS 1, but possible to re-build it for ROS 2. I am continuing to gain understanding of ROS 2, and I'm hoping the ADM project can help with the formulation of an IDS.

Best wishes,
Vedanth

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-ids-intrusion-detection-system/4246/2) or reply to this email to respond.