[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Client Libraries] What is the fashionable approach to monitor robot status over a webpage?

Andreas Köpf ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 05:14:34 UTC 2018

Which aspects of your robot do you want to monitor? Are you looking for something like `rviz` for web or a dashboard approach like `rqt`, e.g. for plotting values?

If you are dealing with an industrial robot arm you might have a look at [Rosvita](https://xamla.com/en/) ([Videos](https://www.youtube.com/xamla)) which is currently in beta. `Rosvita` has a JS front-end that includes a 3D WorldView (visualization similar ro rviz) and a heart-beat based system status monitor (see package [xamla_sysmon](https://github.com/xamla/xamla_sysmon) at github). The system monitor ensures that criticial components are responsing (e.g. robot moves are disallowed when a gripper is not ready in order to prevent crashes).

Rosvita uses a custom ROS to Javascript bridge independent of RobotWebTools. Access to this JS lib will be provided in the near future for custom HMI developments. If you are interested please contact me via PM.

[My opinion is biased since I am a member of the Rosvita dev team.]

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-is-the-fashionable-approach-to-monitor-robot-status-over-a-webpage/5609/3) or reply to this email to respond.