[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Ros_comm - request for help

Ingo Lütkebohle ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 13:16:33 UTC 2018

Hi Dirk,

I would like to help, but I cannot really justify it to my employers at this point, when we are focusing on ROS2.

Also, I think QA on ROS1 has always been a problem and I don't see a good solution.

So, how about trying the idea of a library shim, either instead of or in addition to adding maintainers to ros_comm?

I mean a ROS1 API on top of rcl. We could transition everybody much more quickly that way.

I know this has been talked about before, but not realized so far. Not sure why, but if it's about the effort, a shim *would* be something I and probably many others could get involved in, because it's about helping with the future ROS.

Cheers,

Ingo

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-comm-request-for-help/5840/6) or reply to this email to respond.