[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] MARA, the modular cobot powered by ROS 2.0

Víctor Mayoral Vilches ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:28:15 UTC 2018

Dear ROS community,

After years of work, our team at Acutronic Robotics is thrilled to announce that our newly developed modular collaborative robot, [MARA](https://acutronicrobotics.com/products/mara/), powered by ROS 2.0 is finally available for pre-order. MARA stands for Modular Articulated Robotic Arm and has been built in collaboration with other manufacturers and out of individual modules that natively run ROS 2.0. The modular robot arm can be physically extended in a seamless manner and delivers industrial-grade features that we've been discussing for quite a while in threads like https://discourse.ros.org/t/latency-and-throughput-in-ros2/4367.

We'll be announcing more related modularity products in the short-term. All powered by ROS 2.0. Exciting times!

You can find more information about the robot at https://acutronicrobotics.com/products/mara/. The robot will be displayed within the following days at [ROS-I Conference](https://rosindustrial.org/events/2018/12/11/ros-industrial-conference-2018) in Stuttgart so if you're around, stop by and say hi!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/mara-the-modular-cobot-powered-by-ros-2-0/7095/1) or reply to this email to respond.