[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Chaos testing tool for Docker

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 19:33:46 UTC 2018

[quote="gavanderhoorn, post:2, topic:3918"]
On thing that might reduce the value of testing with netem is that the middleware in ROS 1 was never really designed for anything but perfect networks. Performance of a node graph drops really quickly when things like lossy links are introduced, and theres not much user-level code can do to improve that.

For ROS 2 this is definitely a nice tool.
[/quote]

Right. I wanted to post in the "Next Generation ROS" category first. However as it is related to testing I ended up here. As the command line interface is quite simple I saw no need to add a tutorial. Are there ROS2 specifics which would make a tutorial reasonable?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/chaos-testing-tool-for-docker/3918/3) or reply to this email to respond.