[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Fiducial Marker Based Localization System - Package Annoucement

Rohan Agrawal ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 02:10:15 UTC 2018

For the Pi camera with 14cm fiducials mounted on the ceiling with a ground based robot, in a well lit room we get position data that is good down to a couple cm. The biggest problem is noise in the pose estimates of single fiducials, as a couple pixels of noise can change the angular estimate wildly.

We have a method in the works that instead of doing individual marker pose estimates, does a more sophisticated approach using a single pose estimate on all the detected marker vertices. We want to have the data set and testing to measure if it is actually an improvement before merging though.

Rohan

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/fiducial-marker-based-localization-system-package-annoucement/4050/5) or reply to this email to respond.