[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] How to cross-compile ROS2 for arm64 architecture

Esteve ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:15:10 UTC 2018

[quote="jcadam, post:7, topic:3702"]
Does that mean if I could get a rootfs working for aarch64 I may enable python support?
[/quote]

Yes, that's exactly what https://github.com/esteve/ros2_raspbian_tools does to cross compile ROS2 for the Raspberry Pi. The scripts in the repo fetch a Raspbian image and prepare a rootfs so that CMake will find all the dependencies and compile/link against them.

The scripts in https://github.com/esteve/ros2_raspbian_tools are generic enough that they can be adapted to cross-compile for aarch64, let me have a look at it and I'll flesh them out. What's your target aarch64 distribution? Ubuntu?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/how-to-cross-compile-ros2-for-arm64-architecture/3702/9) or reply to this email to respond.