[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] How to cross-compile ROS2 for arm64 architecture

Esteve ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:36:13 UTC 2018

[quote="jcadam, post:12, topic:3702, full:true"]
Hmmmm, if it is about a python publish, will it work with multiarch enabled Ubuntu box. What I am trying to do is about to install libpython3-dev:arm64 package for python dev headers and libs. However, it seems ament cannot find them in /usr/include or /usr/lib.
[/quote]

Yeah, you'll need `python3-dev:arm64` because it contains the pkgconfig files for Python3 that `ament` uses to "discover" the location of the Python headers and libraries.

The instructions in https://github.com/ros2/ros2/tree/master/arm_crosscompilation use the changes I made to ROS2 to cross-compile it for Android and iOS (i.e. https://github.com/eProsima/Fast-RTPS/pull/26, https://github.com/ros2/rmw_fastrtps/pull/27 and a bunch of others). But if you want to target a Linux distro, it's best to use a rootfs instead since you'll end up with a complete ROS2 environment, I'm going to update the guide in the wiki to reflect that.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/how-to-cross-compile-ros2-for-arm64-architecture/3702/13) or reply to this email to respond.