[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Site Feedback] Single location to discuss best practices

Andrzej Wąsowski ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:08:14 UTC 2018

I don't think the Quality category is limited to devops.  There is some devops there but just skimming the subjects there are quite some that clearly don't belong to devops (software metrics, testing tools and practices, git branching practices, input validation, design by contract).  It is very hard for me to judge whether devops  is in majority.  I would have to count posts :slight_smile:

The traffic in the category is not overwhelming right now, so I would say it makes sense to discuss best practices  in there. Best practices normally have quality in mind.  If this becomes a burden we could always split.  To make it clearer that best practices are in scope, we could adjust the category description.

I think that it is a very good idea of @jbohren to evolve discussions of practices into wiki pages if a consensus is reached.  I don't think we had such case yet.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/single-location-to-discuss-best-practices/5266/5) or reply to this email to respond.