[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Converting raw Lidar data to something more useful

Pito Salas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 20:25:18 UTC 2018

I tried it on answers and didn't get any answers. Here I did get a couple of useful ones. So if "questions" are supposed to go onto answers.ros.org then discourse is only for announcements and declarations and actually not for any *discourse*.

I'm only being somewhat ironic. I thought of answers for geeky detailed questions about ROS (like stack overflow) and discourse for more conceptual, theoretical, and general questions. This is I guess a misunderstanding.

For example I had such a general question: "If I want to process the liar data so that I can find out a good current estimate of the closet obstacle plus its rate of change,  should I be learning about Kaman filters or is that the wrong kind of processing?" I would have posted that question here. But I guess I will try somewhere else, right?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/converting-raw-lidar-data-to-something-more-useful/5533/7) or reply to this email to respond.