[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Navigation - Input requested

Geoffrey Biggs ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 22:04:28 UTC 2018

[quote="mikeferguson, post:20, topic:4884"]

With regards to not being monolithic  I think this will be a serious challenge. One of the things that ROS1 does a really poor job of is synchronizing the operations in multiple nodes. Im not sure how much ROS2 really helps in that regard.

[/quote]

ROS2 helps significantly in that regard. I don't want to say it's a magic bullet, but synchronising the execution of multiple nodes that make up a single navstack should be easy in ROS2.

[quote="tyagikunal, post:21, topic:4884"]

By n, I mean 2.5, and 3 (and community might come by with weird n = 1, 1.5 or 4).

[/quote]

Navigating in Lineworld is *hard*.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-navigation-input-requested/4884/25) or reply to this email to respond.