[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] Revising the gtest tutorial

Floris Erich ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:15:34 UTC 2018

Thanks for your advice. I agree with you that when possible, writing these integration tests in a language such as Python will be much quicker than using C++/gtest.

In the context of our (research) project, we want to create a (ideally language agnostic) framework for specifying tests with pre-conditions, invariants and post-conditions. These conditions would be verified using both intrinsic data from the robot and data from an external sensing system such as a laser scanner, rgbd-camera or mocap. It's likely that neither `pytest` or `gtest` will be of much use, as we are interested in contributing towards better tools within ROS for constructing these kind of tests.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/revising-the-gtest-tutorial/4588/5) or reply to this email to respond.