[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Buildfarm] Ros-ourdistro-... style add-on rosdistro

Asier Fernandez ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 08:27:17 UTC 2018

Hi there,

We've successfully deployed the buildfarm in three virtual machines, and we have created an add-on rosdistro for kinetic with a simple package that only depends on roscpp. Now we can build and generate debian packages using the infrastructure.

Next step for us is to properly handle our forked ros packages. Let's assume a package called ros-kinetic-foo (from official repositories), but we don't want to use it because we want to use our forked version. Our idea is to make a clear separation between the official and forked version,  creating a package called **ros-ourdistro-foo**.

Basically we'd want to use ros-kinetic-* packages together with our ros-ourdistro-* packages.

We've tried creating a new entry in our forked rosdistro. The ourdistro/distribution.yaml is a copy of the kinetic/distribution.yaml file, and ourdistro/addon_distribution.yaml only contains the package that depends on roscpp
```yaml
ourdistro:
    distribution: [ourdistro/distribution.yaml, ourdistro/addon_distribution.yaml]
    distribution_cache: http://our_server/rosdistro_cache/ourdistro-cache.yaml.gz
```
When executing devel job, the package tries to find **ros-foo-roscpp**, and not ros-kinetic-roscpp

Not sure how this problem should be addressed. What's the best way to handle it?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-ourdistro-style-add-on-rosdistro/5205/1) or reply to this email to respond.