[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS1 + OpenCV

tyagikunal ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:50:55 UTC 2018

`ldconfig -p | grep opencv -i` shows that I have OpenCV 3.2 (and ROS Melodic on Ubuntu 18.04)

`ldd <system_install_prefix>/libopencv_highgui.so | grep gtk` shows that OpenCV was not compiled against Qt.

Is OpenCV3 bundled with ROS (I remember it was distributed separately)? If no (which I assume is the case), are there any plans to do so in the future?

I'm asking because of [issue#201 of image_pipeline](https://github.com/ros-perception/image_pipeline/issues/201) and @roehling's comment. Using `image_saver` is not fun anymore :sweat_smile:  Also, is anyone aware of what OpenCV community's response is wrt their handling of GTK?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros1-opencv/5207/1) or reply to this email to respond.