[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Using ROS on Nao

Michael Gratton ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 00:54:01 UTC 2018

Hi there, I'm investigating using ROS with Nao robots for a project but have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers for online.

First, do the official ROS Nao packages support Nao v4 or are v5 required?

Second, it looks like it is possible to have ROS running directly on the robot itself, but is not the preferred method. How feasible actually is it to have ROS installed and running on the robot? How well does it work? Are there pre-compiled binaries for it or would we need to cross-compile it, as suggested by one of the tutorials?

Any advice about this would be greatly appreciated!

//Mike

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/using-ros-on-nao/4110/1) or reply to this email to respond.