[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] What quality metrics do we need to make packages quality visible?

fkromer ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:26:49 UTC 2018

[quote="tyagikunal, post:11, topic:3985"]
And youre right about fuzzing and its limitations. I was talking about making fuzzing+dynamic analysis easier for maintainers to provide a simpler but robust enough platform for testing compared to a completely model-driven approach.
[/quote]

In the library level it should not be that hard to combine fuzzying + dynamic analysis (as long as the code has no dependencies which would require mocks, tests are not run on-target on "small" scale embedded systems, etc.).  Especially if you do not consider integration with ROS1 catkin. In the "node" level it is more challenging I guess... not only because of dependencies of a "node" under test. There will probably never be a generic one-fits-all solution.

[quote="tyagikunal, post:11, topic:3985"]
PS: I dont think Ive said this before, but please inform me if I appear confrontational. I find it hard to choose the right sentence structures and  sometimes things go downhill
[/quote]

It is the same for me as well. I am German and I write better than I speak :slight_smile:

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-quality-metrics-do-we-need-to-make-packages-quality-visible/3985/13) or reply to this email to respond.