[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Control Systems / Embedded Software Engineer - Chicago

Tracy Knight ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:15:26 UTC 2018

I am currently recruiting for a Control Systems Engineer/Embedded Software Engineer position for a manufacturing client in the Chicago area for government/defense/medical applications. I wanted to reach out to you with some general details to see if this might be something you would be interested in discussing. If you are happy where you are currently, great! And I totally understand! In that case, I would still like to keep in touch and maybe learn a little from you about what your career goals are. Great people know other great people, so please also let me know if you know of any friends or colleagues I could network with for this exceptional opportunity. Thank you in advance!

Company Offers:
             Major medical health/dental/vision insurance
             Life Insurance
             401k plan
             PTO
             Tuition reimbursement
             Competitive base salary plus bonus structure

Details: Engineer will participate in all aspects of control systems design and embedded software engineering including architecture definition, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, and documentation. Software may range from low level device drivers and motor commutation to communications, power management and high -level applications controlling robotic devices. Should be comfortable with hands-on debugging that spans the mechanical, electrical, and control system domains typical of robotic systems.

Qualifications:
	Minimum MS degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering, Physics or a related field
	3+ years robotics lab experience preferred
	C/C++ software development
	Designing and implementing control algorithms
	Development under Real-time Operating Systems (preferably QNX)
	Familiarity with instrumentation & tools required for debug, test and integration of embedded systems
	Matlab & ROS (Robot Operating System)
	Due to nature of work with US government, US citizenship is required

Thank you!

Tracy
tracy.knight at adeccona.com

---