[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] Need help connecting RaspberryPi3b to PC over wifi

steve ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:44:39 UTC 2018

Hi, Newbe here and am thrilled I've gotten this far:
I have an ESP8266 talking back and forth to my PC using: rosrun serial_python serial_node.py tcp
I want to use my RaspberryPi3B instead of ESP8266, but am stumped on how to do it. The ESP program, using Arduino IDE, includes the lines:

  // Set the connection to rosserial socket server
  nh.getHardware()->setConnection(server, serverPort);
  nh.initNode();

How would I do that to the simple ros:wiki Talker.cpp example so it runs on the pi and the Listener.cpp runs on the PC?
Thanks for any help.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/need-help-connecting-raspberrypi3b-to-pc-over-wifi/4291/1) or reply to this email to respond.