[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] On (git) branching strategies

floris ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu May 17 07:24:55 UTC 2018

Just a comment about the popularity of the approach. I think that the _alternative_ model @carlosjoserg describes in his post is what in general software engineering is called Trunk-Based Development. These days it is quite popular for companies which are trying to practice DevOps, in fact there is a website dedicated to it: https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/

It is also referred to in books such as Accelerate as being "correlated with higher delivery performance" (Humble, Forsgren, Kim, 2018). Of course, that should be taken with a pinch of salt given that what works in IT might not necessarily work in robotics (nor do I completely trust their research approach).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/on-git-branching-strategies/4785/7) or reply to this email to respond.