[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] New Packages for Kinetic 2018-10-30

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:28:15 UTC 2018

Hi @valferno,

Although sometimes these announcements can be more than a few lines. They are the primary reference for new packages that have come out so truncating them would take away a lot of information. Right now it's approximately one line per released package, which is a relatively small acknowledgment of all the work that went into making that release. If anything we'd prefer to have more information in the posts such as the changelogs since just the version number change doesn't mean a lot to anyone except the active developers of that package.

The number of posts on planet.ros.org is not effected by the length of any post(the page just gets longer) so we're not squeezing anything out there. The rendering could be updated to only render a snippet, but that would apply to all posts not just these types of posts and everyone would have to click through for any post of interest. If you want something like that I recommend that you use the RSS feed and configure your own reader to view the content in the manner that suits your preferences.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/new-packages-for-kinetic-2018-10-30/6649/3) or reply to this email to respond.