[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] Open Letter to MoveIt! Community

Dave Coleman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 01:02:08 UTC 2018

> I assume the proposed plan is to consolidate all (active)  `*-devel`  branches into a single development branch and remove distro-specific devel branches. +1

What we have been discussing in the maintainer meetings is to create *an additional* master branch where most all new features go. The *-devel branches would remain but only be used for bug fixes after the initial release is made. This will give us the flexibility to improve the code dramatically in the master branch while keeping stability during a ROS release. The open question is how to make releases more often than the ROS distro schedule, which has slowed down to every 2 years.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/open-letter-to-moveit-community/6779/9) or reply to this email to respond.