[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 perception porting status

Sharron LIU ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:58:54 UTC 2018

I share the same view. "Object Recognition Kitchen, has not seen updates in quite some time". For object detection/recognition, I would expect state-of-the-art algorithms being introduced to ROS2 :slight_smile:.

I noticed these existing ROS2 packages missing from the ROS2 perception list, which I think they really could be part of it:

https://github.com/intel/ros2_object_analytics
Real-time object detection, object tracking, and object localization.

https://github.com/intel/ros2_openvino_toolkit
People related detection

https://github.com/intel/ros2_intel_movidius_ncs
Mobilenet-SSD and Tiny-Yolo object detection
Alex-Net/GoogleNet/SqueezeNet/MobileNet/Inception object recognition

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-perception-porting-status/6231/6) or reply to this email to respond.