[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Official docker images outdated, resulting in segfaults

Felix Ruess ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:46:29 UTC 2018

Hi all,

The ros:kinetic-ros-base image is currently outdated, which results in segfaults when trying to just install another release package from the official apt repo on top and run it.

In my case it was the outdated rostime which caused a segfault: the image has 0.6.9, while 0.6.11 is the latest (and which the packages in the apt repo are built against).

@ruffsl could you please build a new set of kinetic images?

How the images are built in general and how often they get update was already discussed before: https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-ros-docker-images-for-arm-and-debian/2467/13

I would propose to at least update the core and base packages when a new sync is done.
Would also be happy to help here.

Cheers, Felix

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/official-docker-images-outdated-resulting-in-segfaults/6517/1) or reply to this email to respond.