[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] How to edit PlanningScene collision checking method to add objects to the environment?

Tariq Zahroof ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:41:32 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I've been using MoveIt! to add an extra constraint during the collision checking process. To do this, I add a rectangular prism to the environment based on the position of the End Effector of my manipulator. I planned on adding the geometry by the method:
    processCollisionObjectMsg()

I would call this method from:
   void PlanningScene::checkCollision(const collision_detection::CollisionRequest& req,
                                   collision_detection::CollisionResult& res,
                                   const robot_state::RobotState& kstate) const

However, checkCollision is const and processCollisionObjectMsg() is not, and thus is uncallable. I am using OMPL (and the default fcl collision detection) to plan my paths. What is a good way for me add a simple rectangular prism into the collision environment ? Note, each rectangular prism should only apply to its respective sample; one sample's rectangular prism should not affect another sample's collision checking.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/how-to-edit-planningscene-collision-checking-method-to-add-objects-to-the-environment/6083/1) or reply to this email to respond.