[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] How to edit PlanningScene collision checking method to add objects to the environment?

Tariq Zahroof ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 05:05:27 UTC 2018

I've found the answer!

There's a similar method

void PlanningScene::checkCollision(const collision_detection::CollisionRequest& req,
collision_detection::CollisionResult& res,
**robot_state::RobotState& kstate**) const

without a constant robotstate that calls the checkCollision method I mentioned above in planning_scene. RobotState can be altered to include an attached Body, which will be used for collision checking (make sure to call update() on the robot state afterwards).

I imagine you could create an imaginary link frame if you wanted to add the object to the robot for full robot collision-detection against the primitive.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/how-to-edit-planningscene-collision-checking-method-to-add-objects-to-the-environment/6083/2) or reply to this email to respond.