[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Introducing the ROS 2 Technical Steering Committee

gerkey ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:11:54 UTC 2018

The TSC doesn't have its own budget (members don't pay fees to join), so it relies on the members' ability to direct their organizations' resources to follow up on decisions and execute plans. For that reason we chose a contribution threshold that demonstrates a significant investment in the open source platform.

We hope to see the same or greater participation from the broader community in ROS 2 development as we've enjoyed with ROS 1. The goal of the TSC is to accelerate ROS 2 development, and it won't in any way preclude direct involvement in the project from anyone who wants to help.

As you've noted, the charter allows for the TSC to mange its membership and membership rules, which could include finding a way to include voices that are missing. But before trying to fix anything, I'd like to get enough experience with the new structure to ensure that we know what's broken.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/introducing-the-ros-2-technical-steering-committee/6132/3) or reply to this email to respond.