[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] [jobs] PostDoc Position in Networked Autonomous Aerial Robotics
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 18:05:40 UTC 2018
The Alpen-Adria-Universitt Klagenfurt has established the Karl Popper Kolleg (graduate school) entitled Networked Autonomous Aerial Vehicles. Within this graduate school and in compliance with 107 par. 1 Universities Act 2002, the following open position is announced:
PostDoctoral Researcher (f/m)
as 100% employment position with 40 hours per week (27 Uni-KV B1 lit b), initially limited to six months with the option of a contract extension subject to available or acquired funding. The minimum gross salary for this position is 51,955.40 per annum. Preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
**Duties and Responsibilities**
- Independent research and further development of the candidate's scientific excellence
- Authoring high-quality publications and active participation in international conferences,
- Graduate and undergraduate student supervision,
- Preparation of grant applications and management of research projects,
- Active support in shaping the graduate school
This graduate school seeks to push the current bounds of state-of-the-art in navigation, coordination, and communication of multi agent unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). The groups of the involved faculty publishes in international top journals and conference proceedings. Successful applicants will be encouraged and supported to publish and present their work in such journals and proceedings and will have the opportunity to cooperate with our world renowned international partners in science and industry. We currently cooperate with partners worldwide, mainly in the USA/Canada, and in Europe. We specifically encourage close and open collaboration with our peers both internationally and at the University and support international exchanges with the universities and research institutions (e.g. ETH, MIT, CMU, NASA, UofT, U-Mich, UPenn, Georgia Tech, Vtech) and company partners (e.g. T-Mobile) affiliated to the graduate school. Our young research groups provide a highly dynamic, fa
miliar, and friendly attitude and thus a collaborative and inspiring work environment with very modern infrastructure, which is continuously updated and upgraded.
- PhD in information and communications engineering, electrical and computer engineering, computer science, robotics, or similar graded with excellent academic success at a domestic or foreign higher education institution. Proven knowledge and extensive experience in aerial robots especially in coordination, decision making, navigation, or self-organization
- Excellent track record in scientific publications in one or more of the above areas.
- Proven programming skills in Matlab, C / C ++, Python, or ROS.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Relevant international or practical experience.
- Experience in teaching and student supervision.
- Experience in research project acquisition and leadership.
- Fluency in spoken and written German.
- Social and communication skills, ability to work independently.
Candidates must meet the required qualifications before the starting date.
German language skills are not a formal prerequisite, but acquirement is expected within two years. The nature of the position requires the candidate to relocate to Klagenfurt.
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions, especially in leadership and therefore encourages qualified women to apply for the position. In case of equivalent qualification, women are accepted preferentially.
Persons with disabilities or chronic diseases who fulfill the requirements are particularly encouraged to apply.
The application must be submitted electronically in pdf format using the reference code KPK-NAV01/18 via email to Melissa Aichholzer, melissa.aichholzer(at)aau.at. The application must be written in English, including a letter of motivation, the curriculum vitae (with information about the degrees including date/place/grade, the experience acquired, the thesis title, the list of publications if any and any other relevant information), copy of the degree certificates and transcripts of the courses and any certificate that can prove the fulfillment of the required qualifications (e.g. the submission of the final thesis/dissertation if required by the study program) and including details of three contact persons who can supply corresponding references.
General information for applicants is available on [www.aau.at/jobs/information](http://www.aau.at/jobs/information). Information about research on Networked Autonomous Aerial Systems at Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt is available on http://uav.aau.at. Further information about the open positions and the Karl Popper Kolleg is provided on https://www.aau.at/en/research/research-profile/karl-popper-kolleg or by:
Prof. Dr. Stephan Weiss, +43 463 2700 3571, Stephan.Weiss(at)aau.at
Prof. Dr. Christian Bettstetter, +43 463 2700 3641, Christian.Bettstetter(at)aau.at
Prof. Dr. Hermann Hellwagner, +43 463 2700 3612, Hermann.Hellwagner(at)aau.at
Prof. Dr. Bernhard Rinner, +43 463 2700 3671, Bernhard.Rinner(at)aau.at
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview. Travel and accommodation costs incurred during the application process will not be refunded by the university. Invited candidates may apply for specific interview grants at other organizations.
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/jobs-postdoc-position-in-networked-autonomous-aerial-robotics/6149/1) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users