[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware/Autoware Simulator Project] Simulation software requirements
Dejan Pangercic via Discourse.ros.org
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:40:44 UTC 2019
@bshin-lge we looked at this extensively couple of months back and we also talked to lots of simulation companies and none could really full-fill what we were asking for.
In short these would be our prioritized requests:
* Simulation runs can be scripted
* Simulation runs can be parallelized
* Lidar + Camera Sensor models out of the box (including interference as Geoff points out)
* Simulation can happen at faster than real time (and in headless mode as Geoff points out)
* Traffic participants have behavior models
* (Pseudo-)random traffic scene generation. Possibly there is a connection to some database with the pre-configured traffic scenario, e.g. https://www.pegasusprojekt.de/files/tmpl/pdf/AVT%20Symposium%202017%20Database%20traffic%20scenarios_Folien.pdf.
The entire, non-prioritized list would be as follows:
* Computer hardware requirements for simulation should be listed
* Interfaces (mocks) supported by simulation (CAN, ethernet, )
* Crisply defined software APIs
* Support/integration for ROS. **Here I would like to point to this discussion** https://github.com/CPFL/Autoware/issues/1724#issuecomment-443079012 that we already had with LG guys and I felt that our opinion was not really taken seriously.
* Fidelity of sensor models
* E.g. do you accurately model different surface reflectivity/absorptivity, incidence angle, etc...
* How to create our own sensor models?
* Map formats supported
* Maps that come with it?
* How to include our own maps?
* Precision/ real-time capabilities in general
* Use for stress testing, e.g. an extremely high sensor load (>10 cameras, >10 lidars, etc) in realtime, precision/ real-time capabilities/guarantees during stress testing
* Can simulation run in faster than real time?
* How is the behavior of other cars governed in simulation?
* Are there API’s/plugins that we can define to modify this behavior
* How are traffic scenarios generated?
* Is there any randomness in the simulations?
* If yes, can we specify sources of randomness?
* Is there collision detection?
* Can simulation run in a headless state?
* E.g. Can it run without a GUI?
* Can we programmatically access the simulation state?
* Or do we have to interact via filesystem (e.g. xml)
* Are car dynamics simulated?
* E.g. suspension, slip etc...
* Can the simulator be integrated with the CI runner and does it output simulation/test results in e.g. junit format for test result validation?
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/simulation-software-requirements/7735/3) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users