[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] An instantaneous chat platform for the ROS community

William Woodall via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 23:21:48 UTC 2019

I'd also prefer something with voice/video, and so I'd prefer discord or RocketChat. Between those two I'm torn, because I like the distribution model of RocketChat (though I'd prefer not to self-host) and that it's Open Source, but I think Discord is clearly more polished and inparticular the mobile applications are much nicer.

The slant.co articles are pretty useful for comparison honestly.

I'd like to hear from others, and especially people who are opposed to one or more of the suggestions (or the idea of ephemeral chat in general), because without any push back I'd be inclined to just set one of them up and give it a shot (speaking for myself).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/an-instantaneous-chat-platform-for-the-ros-community/7794/2) or reply to this email to respond.