[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware] Autoware TSC meeting minutes for February 20th, 2019

Dejan Pangercic via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 01:39:50 UTC 2019

[quote="gbiggs, post:1, topic:7950"]
Investigate logistics and cost of safety-critical software development training
[/quote]

Ack this.

[quote="gbiggs, post:1, topic:7950"]
* Parkopedia: We need to think about how Autoware.Auto will interact with road-level maps, carpark maps, etc.
* Tier IV: We may want to aim for supporting as many map formats as possible. If Autoware only supports a particular set of maps, this is a barrier for new users who might be using another format.
[/quote]

@Brian_Holt would you be open to team up with some other companies that  AWF members have contact to (Carmera, Mandli, Atlatec) to come up with the format or with the abstraction layer for Autoware? I think that the mapping and AD industry really, really needs  and now it is the time to do it.

[quote="gbiggs, post:1, topic:7950"]
* * Using Docker to provide a validated build environment will be important. Build on the work already done for the ADE by Apex.AI.
[/quote]

Awesome. Please have a look at https://autowareauto.gitlab.io/AutowareAuto/installation-and-development.html and request if changes are needed.

[quote="gbiggs, post:1, topic:7950"]
* Tier IV, LG and TRI to discuss simulators in-person in early March.
[/quote]

Please also pull @esteve into this. Him and I have so far looked into Gazebo, LGSVL and he will also talk to Carla folks in the next days. So he will have a really good comparison of the 3 best open source simulators.

[quote="gbiggs, post:1, topic:7950"]
* TRI-AD is still looking at what the MVP is for their demo project.
[/quote]
@Nikos would you guys also consider an AVP as an MVP: https://gitlab.com/AutowareAuto/AutowareAuto#use-cases? This way we would all work towards the same MVP.

[quote="gbiggs, post:1, topic:7950"]
## TRI-AD/Tier IV taxi project and City Pilot Project
[/quote]
@Buszek
I am actually still not 100% sure. Is CityPilot an AWF project or an AutonomousStuff project? As far as I can understand it is the latter. If the latter - why are we discussing it here? Also, in the spirit of "the strength of the wolf is the pack" it would be great to work on the SAME use cases/demos/MVPs.

What do you guys think?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/autoware-tsc-meeting-minutes-for-february-20th-2019/7950/2) or reply to this email to respond.