[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Integration of 6-axis manipulator and 2-axis positioner (external axes)

Thomas Lehmann via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:39:56 UTC 2019

Hi @gavanderhoorn and @ThiloZimmermann,

I contemplated posting this on ROS Answers because there is an immediate issue I am facing with this and a direct question to which there might be a direct answer. However, integrating a manipulator with a positioner (or more broadly multi-group systems) w.r.t., configuration, kinematics and path planning   seem to be discussed in general terms based on the replies to Victor's post referenced earlier.  Therefore, once it is clear whether my approach above is the way to go and my immediate issue mentioned above has been resolved, a further and broader discussion of general interest might also be necessary on collision avoidance and path planning (e.g., can Descartes do this? If not, how can it be done?). I've kind of tried to bring this point across in my initial post but did it rather poorly.

Long story short, I thought that what I am trying to do here could help keeping this whole discussion about  kinematics and planning of external axes going.

If you prefer this to be posted on ROS Answers, I can of course do so.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/integration-of-6-axis-manipulator-and-2-axis-positioner-external-axes/7931/6) or reply to this email to respond.