[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware] How to use vector maps in autoware localization node

mitsudome-r via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 06:07:13 UTC 2019

Answer to Question 1:
Vector map is not used for localization. Vector map is used in other nodes such as region_tlr for traffic light detection and decision_maker to stop at stop lines. Only LiDAR data and pointcloud map is used for localization, and optionally IMU, GNSS, and  Odometry information.
FYI, I know there are people who are trying to use whitelines in vector map to improve localization, but we don't have that in Autoware yet.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/how-to-use-vector-maps-in-autoware-localization-node/7995/2) or reply to this email to respond.