[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Official Docker Images for ROS2 Crystal and arm32v7

Charles Cross ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:51:12 UTC 2019

Just wanted to chime in here and add a vote of interest for official armv7 support.

I work at OpenROV, a small company that has been developing low-cost robots for underwater exploration. Our latest product, Trident, is built on top of the RaspberryPi 3 and RTI Connext DDS, and we have been excitedly looking forward to adding first-class ROS2 support for some time. With the arrival of the Crystal release, I feel that now is finally a good time to do this. We have shipped thousands of these low cost drones around the world, many of which have gone to researchers, students, and small businesses looking to expand upon the capabilities that we have developed.

Being able to support additional development via ROS2 will also help us in opening up more of our software again. We are using Connext to get the job done, and it serves that purpose well, but we would definitely like to give users a way to work with the platform that is not walled off behind proprietary libraries and licenses.

I imagine there are many RPI3 based projects out there that could benefit from this work as well, so it would be great to see some first class support on the ARM front.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/official-docker-images-for-ros2-crystal-and-arm32v7/6872/14) or reply to this email to respond.