[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Official Docker Images for ROS2 Crystal and arm32v7

Jim N ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:34:31 UTC 2019

I would also like to endorse this push for armv7 support. I work with both ROS 1 and DDS and can not stress enough the need for ROS2 on arm7 support. I work with both BlueROVs, Tridents and custom UAVs, using a mix of RTI/OpenDDS and ROS for various research and loath the ROS DDS bridges we've needed to hack out over the last three years. Both NASA Langley Research Center here in Hampton, VA and other industry partners have embraced DDS as well as ROS and are chomping at the bit for armv7 support for their research and deployment needs. The combinations with the libraries in ROS, the community using the various flavors of DDS, and the strong push for IoT interfacing, armv7 only makes strategic sense.

Thanks!

Jim

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/official-docker-images-for-ros2-crystal-and-arm32v7/6872/15) or reply to this email to respond.