[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 pcl_perceptions

Paul Bovbel via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 15:21:13 UTC 2019

Hi @poonam1120,

[quote="poonam1120, post:18, topic:3596"]
* In the process of piplelining, if any node crashes or breaks down,how is this handled in ros?
[/quote]

I believe ros2 launch should handle restarting a node if it crashes, however I can't find an example of this in source or documentation (https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Tutorials/Launch-system/).

 [quote="poonam1120, post:18, topic:3596"]
2. Pipelining of filters is happening serially or parallely?
[/quote]

A 'port' of ROS1 would involve instantiating several lifecycle nodes inside one process. See the 'composition' demos: https://github.com/ros2/demos/tree/master/composition

A more interesting implementation would have an executor aware of the pipeline structure (https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-pcl-perceptions/3596/17), however I don't think any implementation or demo of this exists in the wild.

 [quote="poonam1120, post:18, topic:3596"]
3. I have observed that all the operations of pcl_ros are not getting tested with either gtest or launch. Please confirm.
[/quote]

Correct, this certainly would be valuable to fix in the context of a porting effort.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-pcl-perceptions/3596/19) or reply to this email to respond.