[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Starting to enforce Developer Certificate of Origin (DCO) for (some) ROS 2 repos

Dirk Thomas via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 20:18:12 UTC 2019

With the Crystal release being out of the door we will follow up on the previously mentioned goal to enforcement a [Developer Certificate of Origin (DCO)](https://developercertificate.org/) on contributions to core ROS 2 repositories [[1](https://discourse.ros.org/t/introducing-the-ros-2-technical-steering-committee/6132)]. We will use the following GitHub App to automate the check: https://github.com/probot/dco

After having done some testing with dummy repositories we will enable this for actually used repositories. We will start with a few (from two different orgs, repos with frequent contributions) and will add more repositories over time if we are confident that the process works well:

* [ament/ament_lint](https://github.com/ament/ament_lint/)
* [ros2/rcl](https://github.com/ros2/rcl)
* [ros2/rclcpp](https://github.com/ros2/rclcpp)
* [ros2/ros2cli](https://github.com/ros2/ros2cli)

In the beginning we won't require passing the DCO check in order to give us the freedom to merge already existing and reviewed PRs. But in the near future it will be mandatory so please consider reading about how to sign your commits of future contributions: https://help.github.com/articles/signing-commits/

Thanks,
Dirk

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/starting-to-enforce-developer-certificate-of-origin-dco-for-some-ros-2-repos/7420/1) or reply to this email to respond.