[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] OS X ROS2 setup script for quick installation

Sachin Suresh Bhat via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:28:49 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I recently setup ROS2 from source on my macbook with High Sierra using the installation instructions here: https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Installation/OSX-Development-Setup/
I have written a shell script to execute the commands needed for the setup and would like to contribute it back to the documentation. I believe this will help fellow developers setup (or update) their workspaces quickly and I am hoping that this can be used for testing purposes as well.

Can you please let me know how to make this contribution? Should I fork the [ROS2 documentation](https://github.com/ros2/ros2_documentation/edit/master/source/Installation/OSX-Development-Setup.rst) repository and submit a PR after adding the script and updating the documentation?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/os-x-ros2-setup-script-for-quick-installation/7422/1) or reply to this email to respond.