[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] OS X ROS2 setup script for quick installation

William Woodall via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:09:12 UTC 2019

Yes, a pull request against the repository is the right way to do it.

My recommendation is to put your script on a separate (new) page and then put a note at the top of the macOS instructions saying there's an alternative way to install using an automated script, and then link to the page with your script.

Generally we shy away from scripts like this because we like people to know what's being done to their system before they do it, and because on platforms with "rolling" package managers (like macOS and Windows) scripts are often fragile and need lots of maintenance or user intervention.

We appreciate your contribution anyways and we can continue to discuss how to present it and how/what it should do in a pull request to the documentation repository.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/os-x-ros2-setup-script-for-quick-installation/7422/2) or reply to this email to respond.