[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Computer Vision Engineer - Mobile Robotics - Dallas, TX

Sarah Clark via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 01:55:30 UTC 2019

Join Bastian Solutions' R&D Mobile Robotics team in Dallas and be a part of the development of a Mobile Robotics solution for the Material Handling industry from the ground up.

We are looking for a Robotics Computer Vision Engineer to join our R&D Mobile Robotics team in Dallas/Fort Worth. The goal will be to develop algorithms for advanced robotics system involving pick and place applications and object detection and recognition. New challenges will be presented daily which requires a diverse knowledge in many different disciplines - requiring the team to be fast moving and continuously growing.

**General Duties**
* Develop novel, accurate computer vision algorithms that support advanced robotics applications
* Research, develop and prototype advanced hardware and software technologies related to tracking, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection and appearance modeling
* Apply machine learning to computer vision problems
* Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, vendors, and clients

**Requirements**
* MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics or related technical field
* 3+ years' experience with real-time object tracking, SLAM, sensor fusion, real-time image processing, etc.
* Experience training neural networks
* Exposure to ROS (Robotic Operating System) -- strongly desired
* Have a passion for robotics, a creative mind, and a desire to learn new technologies

**About Bastian**
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.

**In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:**
* Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
* Vacation/Holiday Pay
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Volunteer Work
* Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0Rcgh9-Qw

Resumes can be emailed to: sclark at bastiansolutions.com

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/computer-vision-engineer-mobile-robotics-dallas-tx/7554/1) or reply to this email to respond.