[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Should the rqt packages really be included in ros2.repos?

Mike Lautman via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:22:09 UTC 2019

More generally, should ros2 packages that aren't necessary to build ros2 from source be included in the master ros2.repos file? Building all of the ~200 packages in the ros2.repos file takes around a half hour on my very fast machine. While this may be acceptable at the moment, as ros2 grows, it makes sense to separate the ros2.repos into smaller repos files. To me a reasonable split would be  ros2_core.repos and ros2_extras.repos.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/should-the-rqt-packages-really-be-included-in-ros2-repos/7689/1) or reply to this email to respond.