[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] Announcing the MoveIt 2 Port

Geoffrey Biggs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 23:55:05 UTC 2019

[quote="davetcoleman, post:6, topic:8051"]

I think more people know what we mean by using the ROS1 term nodelets than the new term components.

[/quote]

I disagree. I think that they do not. I think that "nodelet" heavily implies "not a node". It is in the interest of your users to get the terminology correct for when they go to ROS Answers for help. If "component" will confuse them, then I think a better solution is to make or point them at a ROS 2 porting guide that includes a glossary.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-the-moveit-2-port/8051/7) or reply to this email to respond.