[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] Announcing the MoveIt 2 Port

Dave Coleman via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 20:18:35 UTC 2019

@gbiggs,

 > Do you plan to do this work later in the timeline?

This is simply a matter of limited resources. We could promise more but it might be an empty promise. Additionally, I'm getting a lot of push back from moveit 1.0 maintainers who want us to maintain the ability to back port / forward port changes between the two branches. I think its wise to keep this ability for the next few months, until MoveIt 2.0 is actually running.

> Nodelets dont exist in ROS 2

Yes, we should be more rigorous with our terminology, but I think more people know what we mean by using the ROS1 term "nodelets" than the new term "components". IMHO "components" is far more ambiguous to non-expert ROS2 users as its used in general software engineering all the time.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-the-moveit-2-port/8051/6) or reply to this email to respond.