[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] GSoC and the fate of OpenEmbedded

Víctor Mayoral Vilches via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 15:02:04 UTC 2019

Exciting to see students interested in this field @braineniac! I'd suggest to review what's been done already. You'll definitely find pending things to do but ensure that it contributes. To list a few:
- https://github.com/erlerobot/meta-ros2
- https://github.com/bmwcarit/meta-ros

I also think that LG engineers are commiting resources. Have a look at https://github.com/ros2/ros2/issues/607#issuecomment-469502151. @abilbaotm and @LanderU, feel free to jump in and advice @braineniac in case there's something you consider would be beneficial and isn't "ready" just yet.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/gsoc-and-the-fate-of-openembedded/8149/2) or reply to this email to respond.