[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS 2 Customer Stories Report

ruffsl via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:43:26 UTC 2019

I just finished watching Aaron Turon talk at RustFest 2018, ["Grappling with growth, and other good problems to have"](https://youtu.be/0sIgVnRAcn0), and it seems to parallel well with some of the open source development and adoptions challenges ROS2 has/is facing, perhaps shy of our migration changes, but certainly production pressure, leadership bandwidth, coordination, scaling without alienation and understand vs. growth.

W.r.t. this report, the Distributed/Multi-Robot Systems Support and Documentation sections strongly resonated with me. I feel ROS2 is still missing a kind of conceptual distinction of data between robots; current workarounds like pushing an entire robot into a sub-namespace seems fragile and non-scalable. I wrote on my own uncertainty over documentation [previously](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-documentation-home-moving-to-index-ros-org-doc-ros2/6612/8).

However, like the document mentions, it's a lot easier to critique than actually create. Thanks for putting out this report, and for all the legwork behind it in conducting and curating the interviews!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-2-customer-stories-report/8158/3) or reply to this email to respond.