[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware] Autoware.AI (current Autoware) roadmap

Geoffrey Biggs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 03:38:52 UTC 2019

[quote="Dejan_Pangercic, post:12, topic:7976"]

This will be painful. What benefit do we expect from it? Same for Package re-organisation

[/quote]

Discussion is happening [here](https://discourse.ros.org/t/splitting-the-autoware-ai-repository-and-changing-the-organisation/8139/30). There are trade-offs, but we do believe there are identifiable benefits.

[quote="Dejan_Pangercic, post:12, topic:7976"]

Which testing :slight_smile: ?

[/quote]

All of it? ;)

There's so much missing testing that pretty much any testing is welcome. I haven't had time to put thought into what testing in particular we want, but I think with the work being done on Autoware.Auto, for Autoware.AI I'm happy with unit testing and system integration tests.

[quote="Dejan_Pangercic, post:12, topic:7976"]

Does this mean that we already have Ubuntu 18.04 support?

[/quote]

We are probably going to have unofficial support for Melodic and Ubuntu 18.04 in 1.11. As I recall there are just some issues with Docker remaining, I'm not sure if those have been worked out yet. So having it officially supported in 1.12 is doable.

[quote="Dejan_Pangercic, post:12, topic:7976"]

remove some 200 out of 215 branches

[/quote]

This is [already on my list](https://discourse.ros.org/t/1-12-development-timeline/8166) to do for 1.12 as part of cleaning up the repository and issues. I'm going to pare it way way back in the first couple of weeks and then any remainders we will sort out over a longer period. The ideal is that we just have the `master` branch and a bunch of version tags; it remains to be seen how close we can get to that.

[quote="Dejan_Pangercic, post:12, topic:7976"]

identify which of above branches have changes in them that never made it back into master. What features those branches hold that would be great to have in Autoware (e.g. ours has 4 way stop intersection handling and 10 other goodies).

[/quote]

The creators of unmerged branches are [going to get a message](https://discourse.ros.org/t/1-12-development-timeline/8166/2) asking them to sort out their branches. For ones where the person has vanished, we can try to find someone else to take over updating and PRing that work.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/autoware-ai-current-autoware-roadmap/7976/13) or reply to this email to respond.